The Journal of Professional Development (JPD) provides a platform for academics, consultants, lecturers, teachers, theorists, and practitioners to share their knowledge, insights and understanding of professional development.
We publish articles on all aspects of the theory, research and practice of professional development. However, this excludes new research.
The journal will also publish keynote papers, conference reports and book reviews. It will list relevant conferences in the professional development.
The journal’s key aim is to provide the professional development community a publication to share developments in the professional development field, accross a range of disciplines.
- Continuing professional development (CPD)
- Professional development in a wide range of settings including management, education, psychology, health, counselling, coaching
- Theories of professional development
- How to develop professional body recognised CPD programmes
- Maintaining professional development records or logbooks
- Reports and discussion about research
- Reflective Practice
- Techniques, strategies to enhance professional development
Journal items are published online as soon as they are ready and are added to the “current” volume’s Table of Contents. On an occasional basis, the publishers may print a paper journal version of the articles published.
Article and page numbering
In order to publish accepted articles promptly, the journal will use article numbers instead of the traditional method of continuous pagination through any particular volume.
All articles should be submitted using our Article Template which can be downloaded from here.
Funding of authors or research
The journal will not publish articles in which any of the authors’ salaries or research costs have been funded by a tobacco company.
Journal ISSN: 2753-4340